Christians on the Internet
The full constitution of Christians on the Internet can be downloaded as a .pdf file
Select a section head to read its contents
An Annual General Meeting of the Association shall be held at such time (not being more than 6 months after the end of the Association's financial year) and place as the Executive shall determine.
At an Annual General Meeting, the Association shall have the power to decide, by a simple majority, that the next, and any subsequent Annual General Meetings shall be held by electronic means rather than in person, and determine standing orders by which this can be effected.
At this meeting:
- The meeting shall approve the minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
- Whenever necessary, consider proposals to alter the Constitution, in accordance with Clause 23.
- The Executive shall present an annual report of the Association.
- Each sub-committee (if any) shall present an annual report and account of its activities.
- The Executive shall present the accounts of the Association for the previous year which have been examined by an independent person deemed competent to do so.
- The Officers and Executive for the next year shall be elected.
- The independent examiner(s) for the accounts for the following year shall be appointed.
- Any proposals submitted to the Secretary not less than seven days in advance of the meeting shall be discussed, and may, with the approval of a simple majority, either be put to the vote at that meeting or referred to the Executive for further discussion.
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
This Constitution was adopted at a meeting on the 4th November 1995 at Betjeman House, Cambridge. Amended 2001.